Hospitality is the top industry in Irving with a tremendous economic impact. It employs almost 20,000 people in hotels, restaurants and other tourism-related businesses.
According to the Irving Convention and Visitors Bureau, in 2015, there were 3.4 million visitors to Irving spending $2.3 billion, generating $55.6 million in taxes to the city.
Conferences and group meetings at local hotels and other facilities account for $505 million in economic impact. The iconic Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas in the heart of the Urban Center, features 100,000 sf square feet of exhibit space and meeting rooms.
Here are a few other facts about the importance of the hospitality industry:
- Total visitors to Irving: 3.4 million
- Visitors staying in Irving hotels or motels: 1.6 million
- Total visitor spending in Irving: $2.3 billion
- Spending by visitors staying in Irving hotels, motels or inns: $1.73 billion
- Economic impact of conferences and group meetings: $505 million
- Spending in Irving by visitors for food and restaurants: $406 million
- Jobs supported by Irving visitor industry: 19,966
- Taxes generated by the visitor industry for the City of Irving: $55.6 million
- Tax revenues generated per Irving household: $662
- Visitors in Irving on an average day: 26,623
- Visitor spending in Irving on an average day: 6.4 million
- Annual visitor spending per Irving resident: $10,196,196