Irving ISD will host an expo next week for current families and prospective students to learn about the school district’s programs and 38 schools.
The free event is scheduled from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday and will feature a dual language lounge, early-learning playland and an application station where families can apply to the district’s three choice schools: Singley Academy, Singley Collegiate Academy and South Irving Collegiate Academy.
Every school will have a booth, and parents and students can chat with staff members.
The expo will provide hands-on demonstrations for career and technical education programs. Showcases will include:
- CPR demonstrations, First Aid and blood-pressure checks for health sciences
- Simulator and robotics demonstrations for technology/robotics
- Drafting sessions for architecture
- Cooking demonstrations and samples for culinary and hospitality
- Build-your-own craft for construction
- Welding demonstrations
- Hot air balloon demonstrations for aerospace and flight
- Metal riveting demonstrations for aviation maintenance.
- Pet grooming and animal training for veterinary sciences, with live guinea pigs and rabbits
The expo is at the Irving Convention Center, 500 W. Las Colinas Blvd.
Presented by Dallas Morning News.