The joint Grand Prairie/Irving COVID-19 vaccination facility at The Theatre at Grand Prairie has reopened March 3 and 4 to administer a shipment of 2,500 first dose Moderna vaccines and 500 second dose Moderna vaccines.
Registration and appointment confirmation for the vaccine is required, and individuals must meet the state’s criteria to get an appointment. Walk-up vaccinations are not accepted.
Grand Prairie Fire Chief Robert Fite says this provides much needed access for West Dallas county.
“Fair Park is convenient for a lot people but not for Grand Prairie or Irving, especially for those with transportation issues and not wanting to stand in line for six hours,” said Fite.
Fite said before, the site was getting about 500 doses at a time. Now they are getting about 2,000 doses per week, with the help from FEMA and Dallas County Health. He said it will also soon become a drive thru site, which will help get people in and out faster.
Vaccine Registration Process:
1. Visit the Dallas County Health and Human Services registration portal at DallasCounty.org/COVID-19/COVID-19-vaccination.php or call (855) 466-8639 for registration assistance (available in English and Spanish, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., daily).
2. Complete and submit the registration form.
3. Residents will receive an email to confirm registration. The email will include frequently asked questions (FAQs) with additional information.
4. Residents will be prioritized based on Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) criteria and will be contacted by an area vaccination site to schedule an appointment.
5. On the appointment date, residents come to the vaccination site to receive the first vaccine dose. Individuals should arrive at the scheduled time to avoid long wait times, and bring the QR code provided by Dallas County and identification card or driver license. For specific city resources and more information regarding COVID-19, visit GPTX.org/COVID-19 or CityofIrving.org/COVID19. For additional information on the Texas DSHS Vaccination Plan, visit DSHS.Texas.gov/Coronavirus. —The cities of Grand Prairie and Irving have partnered to operate a COVID-19 vaccination site in west Dallas County at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, 1001 Performance Place, Grand Prairie, TX 75050. The location is co-managed by the cities’ Emergency Management teams, and vaccines are administered by the Irving and Grand Prairie Fire Departments.
Presented by WBAP.